Went back home today...I MISS SPRINGVILLE!
I miss my house, the couch under the carport, the vine wall, grapes, the fan in the family room that doesn't do anything, mom in the garden, dad by the stereo, Matt on the toilet
The front window, our street, the guy that rides weird bikes, the Taylor's hedge, the Taylor's dog that waits for walkers behind the hedge, the train that no one notices anymore, Autumn, Kaisa, Natalie's laugh, Natalie's swishy pants, lunchtime, perfect evenings
Troy's basement, our basement, my room, Damascus, reading even though I haven't finished a book since I was 12, Sundays, the neighbor's tree, mowing the neighbor's lawn, looking at mom's yard, mowing our lawn, pooping in my own house, sleeping on the hammock
Today gave a rainy sunset. It was way cool.

No comments: