Today

I can't sleep anymore because I'm scared that I won't wake up in time for soccer.

This morning I was trying to do my math diagnostic test, and finally just typed one of the questions into the google bar which, why haven't I ever done that before, because the whole corrected assignment popped up. Cheating? If it was on the web then it's everyone's (just like Community, 500 Days of Summer, and Dreamboat Annie). On the bus I sat down next to this guy who looked so familiar, and he was pretty friendly. He even waited to drop the major question until after maybe 20 words, which was impressive. When he got off I remembered that it was the guy who organized the ward volleyball tournament which no one went to except me Jill and Cass, and he set like a fem. His name is Sean.

My 2-d studio is right next to the bathrooms and the paper-thin walls amplify all the goings-ons in there. I saw the beauty of contrast, appeal of textures and also the absence's lack of, and value scales are really pretty. And then a toilet would flush.

I hate critiques. Even if the suggestion is good, it's not yours so you can't use it. And when everyone turns to your piece it's so nerve racking! The negative dominant single-table composition beat us all, I'm always jealous of the girl who goes against the grain. One girl from my fall class (also a Sarah) connected with my bonsai. She had drawn an orchid. She has a whole bay window full of orchids, and this one had bloomed for the second time. She's in her thirties or something and lived in Japan cause she was an army boob (I think that's what they're called), and I wish I could have a real cultural tie that could justify my poser henna attempts. And then there's the alien spec that could be a granola bit or a booger on my desk which was gross and disposed of. The girl in front of me put her cheese stick on her fleece jacket which was covered in hair. I hate fleece anything. I totally got Alison's Doctor Who reference, but it would be too embarrassing to admit that.

General Grievous lady chews gum like beef jerky. I think she might be insane so I'd better stop comparing her to things.

Our math desks are impossibly small and the poor teacher tries to explain things and our class is too thick to function. When asked for an example of a venn diagram International Studies lady in her burka said "in one circle put the people from Iraq, in the other people from Iran and where they intersect put the Kurds." Shut up.

Here's the latest piecer of Paul's bonsai:

Maybe needs some more detail.

And lastly not leastly, one of our fish died. The one that I was planning to name Minerva.

1 comment:

D said...

Great journalism!